Saturday, 24 November 2007













Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand



This album was originally released as a soundtrack to a film about a middle class brothel called "Middle Class Brothel". This film followed the exact same storyline as Moulin Rouge, except without the singing and dancing, or the ridiculous plot devices or the death or the pantomime.

Since the film flopped, they decided to release the album, but the tone and style of the film still remains in the music. It seems to contain all of the elements of something that should be happy and nice, but just makes you feel just a little bit tragic and I find myself crying on the bus while listening to this album.

Some of these songs were written in the sewers of Paris, and thus, when listening to them, you begin to smell of human excrement.

I feel that people will feel like this album talks directly to them...but I my case, it is true, as the track "Please Read The Letter" was actually written for me, to remind me to read the letter.

Listen to this album: While looking at renascence art

83%

No comments: